6.08.2010

Road Dog Porter

The Road Dog Porter from the Flying Dog Brewery in Marland, one of four Flying Dog beers I was given by my buddy Howard.

It smells roasty. Subtle chocolate & roasted malt sweetness with hints of earthy hops underneath that remind me of a rain forest. It smells a bit light-bodied, though...

First taste impression is thin, bitter and sweet.

This beer is all over the place. It starts off thinner in the mouth than the color lets on, with mild, mellow roasted chocolate sweetness in the middle and a hoppy bitter finish. There are hints of cacao in the aftertaste along with a touch of hop resin.


This beer is confused. It wants to be hoppy but there isn't enough body to balance it out. It wants to be roasty and chocolaty but it is too thin and too hoppy. It's not a bad beer, it's tasty for sure, but I find it unbalanced. My significant other disagrees.

I'm not impressed. Weak Glass 1/2 FULL.




No comments:

Post a Comment