6.27.2009

The Yard House - Great food & 100+ beers

So, my girlfriend and I ended up in the upscale mall, ahem, village, of Merrick Park here in Miami, excuse me, I meant, Coral Gables, Florida. We were in search of a place we had recently heard about called the Yard House. We had been told this place had a large beer selection and, coincidentally, we had just seen a billboard on US-1 which reminded us about it so we decided to pop in for beer and dinner. Smart idea indeed.

Goral Gables in general, and Merrick Park specifically, is a bougie place full of snobbie people in designer lables, high-end cars, botox and silicone. If I didn't know better those facts would be enough to keep me away from this place. Fortunately, I rolled the dice and discovered an great restaurant with amazing food and over 100 beers on tap.

http://www.yardhouse.com/

I had a burger, she had an ahi tuna salad. I know my burgers, she knows her tuna. We were both blown away. Be advised, the place is pricey but well worth it.

Now to the beer. I'm not reviewing anything but I want to show how lovely the beer menu is: I had a Fullers ESB, a Stone IPA and an Arrogant Bastard. She had a Bell's Oberon, a Spaten Optimator and a Samuel Adams Summer Ale. All were Draughts and all were served in standard pint glasses, except the Spaten, which was served in a goblet.

Arrogant Bastard


The Yard House, as the name implies, serves half yards and also offers a 'six pack' beer sampler. They have locations in 9 different states including several in California, Las Vegas and Hawaii.

Check it out, the food kicks ass and it's a beer drinkers paradise. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment