5.08.2009

Beer of the Day Review - Bells Amber Ale

I could have sworn I had some AA batteries around here...  Oh well, the camera is dead but I still have my phone. Now that we have a picture lets move on to the review.

What we have here is a Bell's Amber Ale, a bottle conditioned amber from Bells Brewery in Michigan. Bottle conditioned means that instead of using preservatives, they add a little yeast in the bottle before closing it up so the beer continues to ferment untill you, or I, get it and pop the top. Also, due to that, these beers are unfiltered, like many wheat beers, and will be hazy with a little sediment floating at the bottom of the bottle.

This is one tasty beer. A very nice example of an American Amber, malty with an almost full bodied mouthfeel. The hops are there but a bit subdued. It seems a little heavy though. Don't get me wrong, its super tasty and very refreshing, but for an amber it seems heavy, not the kind of beer I want to knock 5 or 6 back in one sitting. YMMV

Even though looking at that sediment floating at the bottom of the glass makes me not want to finish the last inch, thats just me and I cant let that take away from the overall quality. This is a really good beer and, with no question, a glass 1/2 FULL.  Cheers!

Oh, and I'll make sure to have some extra batteries laying around next time...

1 comment:

  1. HD PROVIDENCE
    contains interactive features available only on this format. PROVIDENCE DVD
    authoring has been an expensive affair, such as PROVIDENCE DVD COLLECTION
    .

    Bentley GT
    have become a trend in fashion circles. It is a beautiful automatic chronograph stainless steel Breitling Aeromarine
    . Go to a renowned retail store of Breitling Windrider
    and shop to away for your new Bentley 6.75
    Today.

    Bentley GT
    have become a trend in fashion circles. It is a beautiful automatic chronograph stainless steel Breitling Aeromarine
    . Go to a renowned retail store of Breitling Windrider
    and shop to away for your new Bentley 6.75
    Today.

    ReplyDelete