5.06.2009

Scotch Ale and my affinity for Sam Adams

I love Samuel Adams. The beer. Their quality, selection, availability and attention to their customers is unparalleled. They are the largest 'craft' brewer in the country, the leaders of the pack, and for good reason. So last week, while in a Publix I hadn't been in before, I see they have a variety 12 pk and it has one of the few Sam Adams brews I haven't tried yet - Scotch Ale. 48 hours later (on payday) I went back and picked up the 12 pk, even though it included 2 bottles of White Ale (a wheaty seasonal I don't particularly like) and 2 bottles of Boston Lager (their original and most commercially available beer, one I don't think belongs in a mixed sampler pack). 

Fortunately, it also included 2 bottles each of the Black Lager, Honey Porter & Boston Ale, all of which I love. See, most of these beers come from the Sam Adams Brewmasters line, but unfortunatly, not all of them are available in 6 packs. Some, like the Scotch Ale and the other 2 I haven't tried, are only available in mixed variety packs.

So I got home and threw them in the freezer only to pull one out about 20 minues later and crack it open... and, of course, take a picture:



I was going to send it as a Beer of the Day, but I held back because, to me, the Beer of the Day is the beer I choose to sit down and drink that day, and that, in and of itself, means more than just two... So the picture stayed in limbo until now.

I dont like to review from memory so all I can say is that it was good. Strong, malty, with a certain, almost scotch flavored smokiness, and with that typical, gritty, underlying Samuel Adams flavor. A very interesting brew, one I wish I could have more than two at a time of.

One down and two to go. Well, three actually. I still haven't tried the Samuel Adams Hefeweizen or Pale Ale, once I knock those two down then I will have sampled all the Seasonal offerings and everything from the Brewmasters collection. After that, I would like to find and try at least one of their three Imperial brews, mainly the Imperial Stout, and since I have a $15 bottle of Chocolate Bock waiting for the right occasion to crack it open, once I do those two I can call it a day. Until I have a big enough wallet to be able to pick up a bottle of Samuel Adams Utopias... but thats another story (Google it if you want to know what I'm talking about).



-click for larger image-

For the record, missing from the above picture is a bottle of Cherry Wheat, Boston Ale, Scotch Ale and, of course, the Chocolate Bock. I have all of those now but I'm not retaking the picture until I find the Hefe, the Pale and an Imperial... and until my new Samuel Adams tulip glass arrives in the mail. 

Yup, safe to say I'm a fan. 

Overall quality and a prompt and personal reply to my email go a long way with me... I prefer to spend my money with companies that give a shit. The Boston Beer Company has proved to me that they do, therefore, they have earned my love and support. No bullshit. Besides, the beer kicks ass.



2 comments:

  1. Today hermes has been globally renowned for its exclusive leather items such as shoes and bags along with perfumes. Products holding the brand name of hermes belt simple speak of its class and quality. hermes wallet are known for style and quality and are made from unique leather quality that makes them of highest quality.
    The lida weight loss pill is currently being marketed as a safer and less drastic alternative to gastric bypass surgery or any other type of surgical intervention or invasive method aiming to limit the amount of food that a person is able to absorb and digest. At lida slimming maximum capacity, the lida daidaihua weight loss pill can swell or expand to as much as 1,000 times its normal size, approximately weighing about one liter. This new innovation of slimming capsule has been met with very high prospects and hopes by both scientists and consumers. Let us cross our fingers that the daidaihua weight loss pill is indeed the answer we have been waiting for to solve all our weight loss problems. As of this writing, the slimming capsules weight loss pill is still undergoing final tests and trials, but will be available for purchase in the market very soon.
    Tiffany jewellery is beautiful. But if you don’t wear it properly, you won’t get the effects you want. It is necessary for every beauty-loving woman to know how to wear Tiffany rings . In this article, I’d introduce some suggestions for wearing silver rings . As we all know, Tiffany earrings are jewelry attached to the ear through a piercing in the earlobe or some other external part of the ear. Earrings are women’s favorite.
    Why women are so obsessed with Chanel bags fashion bags? Practically speaking, women usually would have lots of odds and ends, so they need Chanel bag to hold these little stuffs. But you may ask that men also have things like that, why wouldn't they shop for fashion Chanel Wallet so diligently like women do? All they need may just be a shabby sport Chanel handbags .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Sam Adams Scotch Ale! I got their measly 2 bottles when I purchased my 1st Winter pack, and I enjoyed them both down to the last drop! THAT WAS 3 FREAKING YEARS AGO!!!!! WTF!!!!! When are they going to offer it again? Oh, by the way, Sam Adams Double Bock IS the best damn beer I have ever had! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete