8.30.2009

Chang beer & Suvi Thai

So the other night my girlfriend and I hit up this amazing Thai place called Suvi. And this time, unlike our previous two trips there, I was in the mood for a beer with my dinner. A Thai beer.

Chang beer is advertised as Thailand's #1 beer. Beeradvocate.com categorizes it as an American style adjunct lager, which is typical of most Asian and Latin American imports.

Some Asian beers are rice lagers, which are basically just adjunct lagers that use rice as the adjunct. I can't be sure if Chang uses rice or not, all I know is that the taste imparted by the adjunct in question is unmistakable and not exactly pleasant.


Fortunately for me, the two beers I had were used mainly as fire extinguishers to put out the hot (as in temperature) and hot (as in tongue burning spicy) drunken noodles I had for dinner. If I had to have the beer by itself I doubt I would enjoy it much. I did like the Chang glass they served it in but thats about it.

Now as far as the food goes, I recommend Suvi to anyone who likes Thai cuisine. The food is wonderful, the service is great and the prices are reasonable. Check them out if you are in the neighborhood, just don't order a Chang. www.suvithai.com

No comments:

Post a Comment